Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in participating in SCALE Global Summit (the “Event”), which is operated by SCALE Global Summit LLC (“SCALE”). All references to SCALE include SCALE Global LLC and StageLight Group LLC. Your application for an invitation, purchase of a Delegate Pass and attendance at the Event is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- If you apply for an invitation, purchase, allocate or possess a Delegate Pass to the Event, or attend the Event, you automatically agree to our Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, please do not apply for an invitation, register, purchase a Delegate Pass, or try to enter the Event premises. Delegate Passes are non-refundable. If an approved Delegate cannot attend the Event, then the approved Delegate may ask SCALE to transfer their paid Delegate Pass to another member of the Delegate’s organization, who is at a similar professional level, provided that the substitute delegate is approved by SCALE in writing and registration is transferred by April 28, 2023. Approval of a new Delegate is in SCALE’s sole discretion. Delegate Passes are available only to those people 18 and older. The link to purchase is register.scaleglobalsummit.com. SCALE shall not issue a Delegate Pass absent payment in full. In requesting an invitation and/or registering for the Event, Delegate acknowledges and accepts that no exception shall be made to this Delegate Cancellation policy on any grounds.
- Please note that SCALE reserves the right to make changes, revisions, amendments, add or remove sections from this set of terms and conditions without any prior notifications to you. Such changes will be duly reflected on SCALE’s Website, https://www.scaleglobalsummit.com/ These changes will become effective as of the date you purchased your tickets.
- Registration for the Event is by invitation only. All registration requests are subject to approval of and verification by SCALE, which may request additional information. The Prospective Delegate will receive an email confirmation upon SCALE’s acceptance of their registration.
- Upon arrival at the Event, and when you first enter the Event Venue and Convention Center, you shall be required to submit a valid identification document (ID). By presenting an ID, you confirm that all details present on it are accurate and updated. In addition, you may be asked to present your registration record.
- All SCALE Delegates must wear and display valid SCALE Global Summit name badges in order to access the Convention Space and attend all sessions and networking events. Failure to wear and display such name badges will result in SCALE forbidding you from entering the Event Venue and Convention Center. You agree that you shall not give your Delegate Pass to another individual. SCALE forbids entry to any person possessing such a transferred Delegate Pass.
- The Delegate Pass you purchase represents a revocable license for you to access the listed Venue when the Event is scheduled to be hosted. The license includes the revocable right to attend the Event. This license can be revoked at any time by SCALE at its sole discretion, without any prior notifications or compensation. If the license is revoked, you will not be granted entry to the Venue.
- You assume full responsibility for the Event Delegate Pass once you receive it. SCALE has no liabilities – financial, legal, or otherwise – if the Delegate Pass is stolen, lost, damaged, destroyed or rendered unusable in any way or there are any typographical errors or other inaccuracies (such as in a Delegate’s name, address, phone number or e-mail address) which may ultimately appear in any SCALE material or on SCALE Delegate Name Badge.
- SCALE’s Website is the sole authorized source for purchasing Event Delegate Passes. If you obtain your Delegate Pass(es) from any other source, you are solely liable if those tickets are counterfeit or reported to be stolen. SCALE has the right to declare the ticket void and to refuse entry to you at the Event.
- You agree that you shall not resell, share, copy, reproduce, or misrepresent the Event ticket in any form. You cannot use the ticket for any promotional/advertising purposes, including sweepstakes and contests, without our prior approval. If we become aware of any evidence of such activities, we shall immediately seize the Delegate Pass and cancel it. You may not record or broadcast audio or video of sessions at any Event.
- Please note that Event Delegate Passes cannot be redeemed against cash, credits, or any other benefits.
- SCALE has the right to investigate any violation of the Event ticketing terms and conditions. In case of any conflicts, SCALE’s decision will be deemed final.
- The event service will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as the Event starts on the specified date.
- If the Event is canceled by SCALE for any reason, including due to Force Majeure, SCALE has the sole and absolute right to cancel, relocate or reschedule the Event in its sole discretion. If SCALE cancels the Event, SCALE shall have the sole and absolute right to provide credit for a future Event or provide Delegate with a refund.
- “Force Majeure” means the occurrence of any of the following: (1) a strike, (2) lockouts or other labor troubles, (3) governmental preemption in connection with a national emergency, (4) any rule, order or regulation of any governmental agency, (5) conditions of supply or demand which are affected by war or other national, state or municipal emergency, (6) fire or other casualty, (7) civil disturbance, act of the public enemy, riot, sabotage, blockade, embargo or explosion, (8) acts of God (such as, by way of example only, tornado, earthquake, hurricane, washout or storm) (9) any epidemic or pandemic, or any health emergency substantially similar to the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, or (10) the existence of any other event beyond a party’s reasonable control, in each case, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable. SCALE’s decision will be deemed final and binding.
- SCALE, its affiliated entities, and its employees have no responsibility for (a) travel, food and beverage and/or accommodations costs; (b) consequential, incidental, indirect, exemplary, special, enhanced, or punitive damages; or (c) increased costs, diminution in value or lost business, production, revenues, or profits incurred by the Delegate as a result of any cancellation, alteration or rescheduling of the Event. SCALE, therefore, recommends that the Prospective Delegate arrange appropriate insurance coverage.
- The information you provide during conference registration will be safeguarded by SCALE who may use it to keep you informed of relevant products and services. A list of 2023 Event participant names/member firms will also be disseminated and may be posted on the SCALE Global website (www.scaleglobalsummit.com). SCALE Global and its affiliates do not share any nonpublic personal information with any nonaffiliated third parties, except in the following circumstances: (1) disclosure to companies that provide services necessary to affect a transaction that you request or to service your account; and (2) disclosure to government agencies, courts, parties to lawsuits, or regulators in response to subpoenas. In such cases, SCALE will share only the information that it is required or authorized to share.
- You hereby grant the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to SCALE to photograph, film, videotape, record and portray your name, voice, portrayal, actions, performance, image and likeness in connection with the Event (“Materials”) and to use, incorporate, broadcast, distribute, re-use, publish, re-publish, alter and edit the Materials and your name, voice, portrayal, actions, performance, image and/or likeness in whole or in part, severally or in conjunction with other material for any purpose and in any manner whatsoever as SCALE so chooses in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in any and all versions, throughout the universe and in perpetuity, as well as for promotion, merchandising, publicity and advertising purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, SCALE has no obligation to use the Materials or your name, voice, portrayal, actions, performance, image or likeness. All such Materials, including any and all intellectual property in connection therewith, shall be the sole property of SCALE. You hereby authorize the use of such materials an unlimited number of times in perpetuity, for educational and commercial purposes at any time or in any format, including distribution by any broadcast throughout the universe, over television, radio, cable, the Internet or any other physical or electronic media, or in any other media now known or later developed, by SCALE and any of its licensees and its and their sublicensees. You acknowledge that SCALE shall be the exclusive owner of the copyright in the Event.
- You hereby expressly release SCALE, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, including without limitation SCALE Global LLC and StageLight Group LLC, and its and their respective assigns, agents and employees (collectively, “SCALE”) from all privacy, defamation or other claims, demands, and liabilities whatsoever in connection with the use of any of the above. You waive any right of inspection or approval of the uses which may be made of the Materials except as set forth herein. You hereby release SCALE from, and covenant not to sue it for, any claim or cause of action, whether known or unknown, for libel, slander, invasion of right of privacy, publicity or personality, or any other claim or cause of action, based upon or relating to the use of the Material or the exercise of any of the rights referred to herein.
- SCALE shall not have any liability for losses (in contract, tort, warranty or otherwise) incurred in connection with any typographical errors or other inaccuracies (such as in a Delegate’s name, address, phone number or e-mail address) which may ultimately appear in any SCALE poster, badge, slide or other SCALE material.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold SCALE, and any person claiming under SCALE, and the ownership and management of the Event facilities and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees thereof harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by you of any of the above representations, warranties or agreements made herein and as against any and all claims or liability of any nature whatsoever arising from your activities (or omissions). This Release shall inure to the benefit of the legal representatives, licensees and assigns of SCALE and the ownership and management of the Event.
- You hereby certify that you will not attend the Event as a member of the press or media any you will not disseminate any of the content discussed or presented at the Event via any media form (including, but not limited to, print/electronic/newspapers/journals/blogs/forums) without the express prior approval of SCALE. Failure to comply may be grounds for immediate expulsion from the Event without compensation.
- No audio/video recording or photography is allowed at the Event without SCALE’s express written permission.
- SCALE reserves the right to change and alter the program, including the dates, location and agenda, without notice to the Delegate and to refuse registration from any organization or individual deemed by SCALE to be incompatible with the Event at its sole discretion.
- SCALE does not assume any responsibility for the protection and safety of the Delegate or for any physical injury, health or food-related issues experienced by the Delegate. The Delegate is solely responsible for complying with all health-related regulations and recommendations, including those related to Covid-19 and any other diseases. The Delegate is solely responsible for and acknowledges the risk that the Delegate may be exposed to disease by attending the Event. Notwithstanding these risks, you acknowledge that you are voluntarily accessing the premises and participating in the activity with knowledge of the dangers involved. You hereby agree to accept and assume all risks of illness, personal or psychological injury, pain, suffering, temporary or permanent disability, death, property damage, and/or financial loss arising therefrom, whether caused by the ordinary negligence of the company or otherwise, and you expressly release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against SCALE on account of any physical injury, health or food-related issues. SCALE is not responsible for any losses you may incur at the Venue, including lost, stolen, or misplaced items, or any losses from theft or damage or destruction by fire, accident or other cause. Any security services provided by SCALE shall be deemed purely gratuitous and shall in no way be construed to make SCALE liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the Delegate.
- SCALE and the Event personnel may require your removal and the removal of your possessions from the Event for any reason in their sole discretion.